Thursday, March 17, 2005
march madness
well, quite a bit has transpired since my last post here. both #2 wake AND #1 unc suffered upsets in the acc tourney, catapulting #3 duke to its 8th straight conference tourney final and 15th conference championship title over #5 georgia tech (note that numbers indicate conference tourney seeding, not nat'l rank). the best part? the win gave our boys the extra lift they needed to secure a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. due to the weak bracket they ended up in, I predict they'll go far, in spite of the weak (ie lack of a) bench. As Ping said...who's Nelson?

My picks:
Wake, Duke, UNC and Arizona, who pulls off the stunning upset of Illinois in the regional finals. I'm calling an all ACC championship, with UNC toppling Wake to complete the stunning turnaround from the 2003-2004 19-11 (8-8 ACC) squad. Five of seven ESPN experts couldn't be wrong about the next national champ, right?

As for the women's tourney:
LSU, Minnesota, Rutgers, and Stanford in the final four, with Stanford beating LSU for the ultimate bragging rights.

Side note: this is my first time making predictions so I'm sorry if I seem biased. This is exactly why I put no money on these things ;-).

Quote of the day: "I think that one's going to be 10 guys standing outside shooting 3s. It will make for some really good TV." si.com's Seth Davis, on the W. Virginia-Creighton first round matchup
amr's brain blurted out at 10:43 AM   Permalink   Home
Comments (0)   

Post a Comment    Home

the brain.....
Name: amr
About Me: i am a member of Zion Temple
My full profile

This is a blog.

Subscribe to my feed



Powered by FeedBlitz

recent thoughts.....

the vault.....

other brain.....
pv
jj
avy
svs
dfh
skim
sling
jblaze
luosha
alberto
kristasphere
nkechi speaks
sg
phd
t&p
dirtdogs
firebrand
doobybrain
postsecret
fakedoctor

brain thanks.....
blogger
blogskins
haloscan
LucaZappa
Roveberg
Feedburner
Feedblitz
Get Firefox

original layout.....
derived from:
  inside your head
designed by:
  w4rnawarni @ blogskins